This is our question lately.
Damon and I.
Should we or NO WAY we should not!
Kids.
We've been talking about a 3rd.
There are so many pros and cons......
I would love to have another one. I'd love to see another beautiful baby that we'd create.
I'd love for Ava and Dawson to have another sibling to love.
I'd love to breastfeed again.
I just don't feel done.
I don't know if we are complete yet.
BUT.....
and this is a big but......
I have no more maternity clothes.
I have NO MORE baby things. NO clothes, NO baby contraptions.....
I don't really like being pregnant. Too many problems w/ my last pregnancy.
Both babies were very sick after being born.....not breathing sick.
I never got to hold either one for hours. Dawson was in the NICU for 6 days....Ava had to stay in the hospital for an extra 2 days.
We are *just* getting to where we (D and I) can do things on our own. Date nights....
We need to think about finances.....
schooling for even more.....
ahhhhhhhhhhh!
I question myself daily.
Will it take too much away from my babies?
Can I be a good mom to 3?
I've been praying and asking God to take this feeling away from me. If it is meant to be, let me see the answer. Let me know.
If it is not meant to be, let me know.
Should I even mess up what we have?
God has blessed us w/ 3 beautiful / healthy children already.
Am I asking for too much?
Do I just need to travel?
Lord, help me.
Damon and I.
Should we or NO WAY we should not!
Kids.
We've been talking about a 3rd.
There are so many pros and cons......
I would love to have another one. I'd love to see another beautiful baby that we'd create.
I'd love for Ava and Dawson to have another sibling to love.
I'd love to breastfeed again.
I just don't feel done.
I don't know if we are complete yet.
BUT.....
and this is a big but......
I have no more maternity clothes.
I have NO MORE baby things. NO clothes, NO baby contraptions.....
I don't really like being pregnant. Too many problems w/ my last pregnancy.
Both babies were very sick after being born.....not breathing sick.
I never got to hold either one for hours. Dawson was in the NICU for 6 days....Ava had to stay in the hospital for an extra 2 days.
We are *just* getting to where we (D and I) can do things on our own. Date nights....
We need to think about finances.....
schooling for even more.....
ahhhhhhhhhhh!
I question myself daily.
Will it take too much away from my babies?
Can I be a good mom to 3?
I've been praying and asking God to take this feeling away from me. If it is meant to be, let me see the answer. Let me know.
If it is not meant to be, let me know.
Should I even mess up what we have?
God has blessed us w/ 3 beautiful / healthy children already.
Am I asking for too much?
Do I just need to travel?
Lord, help me.





3 comments:
Oh, goodness you have felt the same! For now with the new job it is a NO but I still feel I am not complete.
You have to go with what you feel!!
Emily...Since you love children, you will always feel a longing to hold and love an infant, no matter how old you get. I have heard my friends say that, friends that are my age and older. It's because we (females) have a nurturing character. Last year when I had my hysterectomy, a crazy thought went through my mind that I could never have another baby and I felt a sadness. At my age, why would I even think such a thought? It's that need to hold, love and nurture another human being, I believe.
Another consideration other than the health of your newborns...your health while pregnant. Can you physically handle Gestational Diabetes again? Will you eventually have Type Two Diabetes because of your exposure during pregancy? This would be a good time for an appointment with your OB/Gyn to discuss what happened before and how you could be affected during a third pregnancy.
If your health is threatened in any way, then I am concerned. I think your health is more important than anything else. You need to be healthy to be there for Ava and Dawson.
Also consider adoption as an option. There are so many children who need a Mommy and Daddy now and there will always be children in the future who need a family and a good home. If you were to consider this, you wouldn't have to make an immediate decision.
You & your health is my concern, because I love you very much & alway will.
Mom
Mama-
I love you.
This is how I know God is working.....
I turned this over to Him.
Damon and I have been talking about adoption. I've even been checking out fostering a child in order to adopt.
You are so right Mama. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.....YOU ARE AWESOME! :)
Post a Comment