Friday, May 22, 2009

Today is bittersweet!

Ava will graduate tonight from preschool. It is amazing to think that just 5.5 years ago, she was in my tummy. She is the brightest, funniest, sweetest (sometimes, *wink / wink*), loving, devoted, most beautiful, ....... child I have ever met. She amazes me daily.

Dear sweet Ava Faith,

I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I don't want to carry through with it today. Once you graduate tonight, you will move on to "big school" and I just do not know if I'm ready for that right now. I am so proud of you. You have grown so much socially, physically, and emotionally this year. We've had our battles, but nothing would ever make me disappointed in you.

It all hit me yesterday when I cleaned out your lunch box. Yesterday was the last day that I would ever make you a preschool lunch. I always cherished surprising you with something special in your lunch. Yesterday was the last day we had to battle about what to wear to school because next year you'll be in uniforms. :):):)

The other night while you slept, I kissed you and laid my head on your chest. I listened to your heart beat for 3 minutes at least. I prayed and asked God to always protect you, guide you, love you, and to let you know that He is there for you always.

I love you more than you'll ever know Ava Faith. I know we argue sometimes, but sweetheart, you are my favorite little girl in the whole wide world. You mean EVERYTHING to me. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you. I sat down immediately after seeing those 2 pink lines and thanked God for giving me this child. I asked Him to help me to be the best mother possible. I'm trying sweetheart, I promise I am.

Congratulations on a job well done. You have totally amazed us with the knowledge you have learned this year. You are so smart and your teacher tells me daily how she is amazed by your reading abilities, your speaking abilities, and your
willingness to help everyone. I, too, am so very proud.

I love you so much little girl. I'm glad we are best friends. You are my forever princess.

I love you more than anything in the world.

Love,
Mommy

1 comments:

Mx3 said...

Such a beautiful message to your wonderful daughter. You are such a great mom! BTW, I love the new header! Your friend is amazing!