Saturday, March 14, 2009

I want to live with Papa Willie!






Have I ever told you that my daughter, Ava Faith, loves her Papa? So much so that she really wants to go and live with him. Our conversation went like this the other morning.

Ava: "I want to go and live with Papa Willie."
Me: "Why?"
Ava: "Because he doesn't boss me around!"
Me: "Well, honey, that is what parents do. My job is to make sure you do the right thing all the time. That is what God wants parents to do."
Ava: "Well, he buys me candy and takes me to Publix and to the chinese restaurant whenever I want." "If I want a toy, he says, "Ok...we can do that." "If I want to watch a movie, he says sure Ava." "He never spanks me and he doesn't boss me."
Me: "Well, that's what Papas do....they spoil their grandchildren."
Ava: "Yea, well can I live with him?"

Daddy said that when Ava got to his house, she looked in her clothes bag and said, "Mama only packed me one outfit!" "I wanted to stay for 100 days!!!"
Daddy said, "Well, we'll just wash that outfit 99 times........."

Needless to say, she came home and the first thing out of her mouth was, "I'm glad to be home....I missed you Mama!"

I love how much she loves him. No doubt if my Mama lived here, I'd never see her. She loves her grandparents so very much. She can't wait to go to Heaven to see Nana again. She misses her every.single.day and talks about her in Heaven all the time. She also loves Nannie and Pompa too. I'm sure she'll be there for a while this summer. Oh how I love grandparents.

Happy child = Happy Mama!!!!


0 comments: