Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ava funnies

We all know Ava is hilarious.....sometimes she stresses me out to no end. When I'm at my max w/ her, she always---ALWAYS---says something that will make me smile. Here are some of my favorites over the last few weeks.

  • After talking to Dawson and trying my best to reason w/ him, Ava asked, "Why do you treat him like a baby?"
  • Damon's parents have a dog named Pepper....Ava calls him "Dr. Pepper."
  • Ava got in the car the other day w/ Damon and told him she wanted to hear some "silent music" on the way home. (Instrumental music only.....) :)
  • Dawson was holding his blue teddy the other day and Damon asked him what was his teddy's name......Dawson mumbled something and Ava said (as serious as ever....) "I think he said "Son of a Gun.""
  • Dawson was crying the other day and Ava said, "Mama, let's give him his paci so he'll make himself quiet."
  • We were driving in the car one night and Ava was turning on and off the light in the back seat to read......Dawson began whining and Ava said....(again---very serious)----
"Dawson! I am going to turn the light off, but you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why---Santa Claus is coming to town."

  • These last few days have been quite hard---I'll be honest, I just started my monthly you know what---so I've been a BEAR!---Damon was out of town, Dawson's been sick, Ava's been hitting at school (although the last 2 days have been great!)......I've been soooo stressed and I've probably been a little too hard on Ava. Well tonight I was hugging her and kissing her and she said, "Mommy, I love you. You are the best!"
    Needless to say, it made me cry. It made me realize that even though I lose my temper and I mean--it's been a lot lately--she still loves me.
I truly believe that God allows kids to say and do things to melt their parents hearts. I know my girl melts mine daily. Even if parenting her is hard right now, I love that child more than life. I just hope that one day she realizes that all I was doing was what I thought was best. I try very hard to mother her appropriately, but sometimes I fail. It's good to know that she loves me and that she thinks I'm the best mommy in the world. :)

0 comments: