Friday, October 31, 2008

Daddy is home and his room is *ALMOST* complete.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed and sent loving wishes to my father. He is now home and is seemingly doing well.
For those who don't know....my father just returned from rehab in Florida for alcoholism. (I'm telling you all this, b/c I think it might make a difference to some.)

He has already influenced an alcoholic lady friend to quit drinking. I think this is wonderful. I hope and pray that she has great success with her recovery.

Daddy was in St. Pete's Beach for 28 days. He did remarkably well (besides the fact that he fell and broke his rib!). He made friends that I'm sure he'll stay in contact with for a long time.

It will be a LONG road for my Daddy, but I am confident that he will beat this addiction. He is a TOUGH, STRONG, and DEDICATED man. I know the road ahead will seem unbearable at times, but with God's help and AA, he'll do just fine.

My sister, brother and I decided that we wanted to do something very special for our father. We decided to re-do his bedroom. You see---Daddy spent A LOT of time in his room before recovery and we thought it would bring back sad and depressing memories for him. We wanted a room he would love. One he'd be proud of and one he'd feel happy in. I *THINK* we accomplished our goal.

Daddy surprised us early and came home a few hours before we expected. Needless to say, his room was not totally finished. We have a beautiful King size sleigh bed yet to go in. We are re-doing it (staining)....long story on that one. :)
He also has a gorgeous ceiling fan to go up, but alas---it isn't complete yet.

Enjoy the pictures I do have.

Daddy is a lucky man indeed.
We love him so much.
More than he'll ever know..........


Daddy being silly......

Daddy's bathroom.....

Thanks Janice for a job well done!

The pictures over his toilet were given to him by a friend in FL. They are beautiful and remind him of his time there.

Janice found this great "Don't Quit" plaque. It is very inspiring. The white cloth in the corner is something Daddy got in AA. It is his reminder that he surrendered to alcohol. (Meaning that alcohol had taken over....in AA in order to recover....you have to surrender first.) What a beautiful memory for him. He knows he had a problem, he surrendered, and now can fully move past it! :)


We thought putting our family pictures up would not only make him proud, it would make him feel loved. In order....Allison's family, My family, and Josh/Loren. :)

Since Daddy literally lives for his grandchildren, we wanted to put up their photos as well. We still have Janice's 2 to hang. :) In all, Daddy has 8 grandchildren.
***Gabrielle, Ava Faith, Dawson Ray, Casidy, Collin, Cailey, Hannah, and Jaxon***

Serenity Prayer
This prayer is one that they say in AA.
It means so much to Daddy.

Daddy's old bed.....his new one will be up in a few more days. :)


Oh the guns.......Daddy collects guns. No hunting....just collecting. Don't worry though---they are locked up and the key is no where in sight. :)


The proud owner of a new room! :)


Pictures of Daddy and his girlfriend, Janice. :)

1 comments:

leah said...

It looks lovely, Emily!!!
You've outdone yourself!!!

Congrats to Emily's daddy! :)