Sunday, June 15, 2008

In Loving Memory....




Summer (Damon's Golden Retriever) died Saturday, June 14th. She had been experiencing kidney failure for some time and had not eaten for 5-6 days. The vet indicated that there was nothing more they could do to help sweet Summer, so Damon and his mom (Nannie had kept Summer for the last 9 years) decided it was time to let her go in peace. She was put to sleep on Saturday around noon. She was such a sweet loving dog. We loved her a lot (even though I'm not an animal lover.....). Summer was a sweetheart. She loved to be petted, rubbed, loved taking walks, and esp. loved when our kids came around b/c of the food she got to eat off the floor.

We will miss her tremendously. Thank you Nannie for taking such good care of Summer. I know you meant everything to Summer, just like you do to us. We will miss you Summy Sum Sum!

1 comments:

leah said...

How sad...I know all too well the feeling of losing a pet...
Thinking of you guys...