Monday, May 5, 2008

What a day so far....

OMG! Don't you just hate how things happen when you are not expecting them? I was traveling (I thought slowly!) to take Dawson to Kindermusik this morning when I had BLUE LIGHTS in my rear view mirror. You guessed it, I was being pulled over by one nice gentleman police officer. Evidently I was traveling well above the speed limit! He gave me a ticket going 53 in a 35!!!!! That's right....$196.00 later, not one, but 2 cops behind me, all my friends who see me being pulled over in the church parking lot, and my hands shaking like crazy......I got Dawson to Kindermusik. We were early to boot. I'm just sick over this. I hate spending money that doesn't have to be spent. Not to mention all that we could have used that 200$ on. Remember, we are living on one income!!!! Oh well, I guess I can't go to Cali now to visit my pregnant friend b/c there goes my plane ticket money I had been saving. :crying smily:
Damon asked was there a lesson I learned from this experience? YES! Next time: beg, cry, plead, do anything......and maybe, drive a little slower! :)
Em

2 comments:

leah said...

you did it!!!
way to go on creating a blog - and documenting the good, the bad, and the ugly already! :haha:

i look forward to many more! - and my suggestion about the ticket and the lost $200 - sell something on craigslist!!!!

Terry Reck said...

Go Speed Racer, Go!