Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 30th is the day!

It's almost been 2 years that my sweet Nana went home to be with Jesus. During this time, my Papa has struggled and has missed her tremendously. I know in my heart that he wants to be happy and he so deserves to be happy. My Nana would want that too. Her heart would ache if she knew how much Papa has missed her and how lonely he has felt during this time. She would want him to move on and enjoy the rest of his life here. My Nana and Papa lived for one another and I know if the tables had turned, Papa would want the same for her.

Papa met a very sweet and caring lady who has made him very happy and excited about life again. Her name is Mary and they have decided to marry one another on May 3oth. I have met Mary and I really enjoyed her presence and her beautiful personality. I truly believe that they will be happy and will make each other enjoy life again. Mary is also a widow. She lost her husband a year ago.

It's funny how God places people in each other's lives. He is in control and He knows what is best for our lives. I am proud to say that my Papa is happy. :)
My precious Papa being happy is my number one wish. I want to see the smile on his face, the joy in his step, the laughter, and the love in his heart that he had 2 years ago. He is a wonderful man and he deserves peace and happiness.

Mary and Papa-May your lives together be full of excitement and love and void of pain and sorrow! You both deserve one another and I pray that your love for one another will grow and flourish as I know it can. I'm happy to welcome Mary to our family. Hold on girl......we have A LOT of fun when we get together. Lots of laughs, hugs, smiles, laughter, and most of all **food**....no seriously, most of all---love! Our family is so strong. Our love is forever.

Welcome to our family my friend. Congratulations to the both of you!
Luv-
Em

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily-I'll let Mary know about your post. She'll enjoy reading it, as I did. I love you-Mom

Anonymous said...

OMG! I had no idea that your papa even had a lady friend. Tell him I said CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love you!Shana