Seriously? My baby HAS to go to Kindergarten?
Next Monday (6 days away), I will drop my firstborn off at school and leave her....w/out me!
I can't believe this time has come.
Ava has always been with me.
I'm a SAHM.
Even when she was in pre-school, I taught right down the hall.
I could see her anytime I wanted.
My fears: What if she needs me?, What if her teacher does not realize how smart she is and let's her have too much free time? If that happens, bad things happen!, What if she feels rejected by friends?, What if she hurts someone's feelings and they tell her "You are not my friend anymore?," What if she gets scared?, God forbid something bad happen at school........, What if I get a phone call that she's been hurt?............
I know that good, concerned, caring parents worry just as I do.
I seriously DO NOT know what I'll do Sunday night.
I know....I won't sleep! That is for sure.
My feisty, independent, brilliant, beautiful, sassy, firstborn baby will begin her educational ride in 6 days.
No more "for fun" school.
No more "ah, let's just stay out today and go play....."
My baby is not a baby any more.
She is a big girl now.
I guess it's time I put my big girl panties on and encourage, lift-up, excite, and foster a love of school within my beautiful Ava Faith.
God--please be with my angel. Please protect her when I'm not around. Please help her make wise decisions. Please give her the *right* teacher just for her. Please give her patience so that she can do the right thing in her class. Let her make numerous friends and I beg you----please let her LOVE school. Amen!
Next Monday (6 days away), I will drop my firstborn off at school and leave her....w/out me!
I can't believe this time has come.
Ava has always been with me.
I'm a SAHM.
Even when she was in pre-school, I taught right down the hall.
I could see her anytime I wanted.
My fears: What if she needs me?, What if her teacher does not realize how smart she is and let's her have too much free time? If that happens, bad things happen!, What if she feels rejected by friends?, What if she hurts someone's feelings and they tell her "You are not my friend anymore?," What if she gets scared?, God forbid something bad happen at school........, What if I get a phone call that she's been hurt?............
I know that good, concerned, caring parents worry just as I do.
I seriously DO NOT know what I'll do Sunday night.
I know....I won't sleep! That is for sure.
My feisty, independent, brilliant, beautiful, sassy, firstborn baby will begin her educational ride in 6 days.
No more "for fun" school.
No more "ah, let's just stay out today and go play....."
My baby is not a baby any more.
She is a big girl now.
I guess it's time I put my big girl panties on and encourage, lift-up, excite, and foster a love of school within my beautiful Ava Faith.
God--please be with my angel. Please protect her when I'm not around. Please help her make wise decisions. Please give her the *right* teacher just for her. Please give her patience so that she can do the right thing in her class. Let her make numerous friends and I beg you----please let her LOVE school. Amen!





2 comments:
She's going to do great! She's a smart girl with a great personality! You can do it!
No more Under-roos for you young lady. That little girl has turned into an elementary school student. She will do well. She is blessed with good looks like her father and the stunning intellect ...... of her father again! Sounds like she is set!
Post a Comment