Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I love being a stay at home mom!

I am so thankful that my husband's job allows me to stay at home to raise our babies. I appreciate his hard work and dedication more than he'll ever know.
Is it hard being a SAHM? You bet!
Does it get monotonous sometimes? You bet!
Would I change it for the world? NEVER!!!!!!!

I've been trying to find all sorts of "free" entertainment for us to enjoy this summer. I have some really good friends who we do everything together. If it wasn't for Melinda, Staci, and Sandy----I'd be lost. Totally lost.

Here are a few of the activities we have enjoyed and/or about to enjoy! :)

  • Free children's programs at both the Conyers and Covington library. We have seen puppet shows, music shows, movies, storytelling, pet shows, etc at the Covington library. We really enjoy these free adventures.
  • We check out a ton of books at least once a week. We love reading the books and laughing together.
  • We walk, picnic, and go to the park w/ our friends all the time.
  • We swim at Sandy's sister in law's pool.
  • We swim at Melinda's pool.
  • We take them for lunch (OK---not free, but not too expensive) at McDonald's or Chick-Fil-A and let them play for hours while we talk and talk.
  • We are going to 2 VBS(s) this year. One at Ava's preschool and one at our church.
  • We will be going to a swim "party" "devotion" "etc" w/ our church friends every Thursday afternoon.
  • Ava goes to see Papa Willie all the time. She loves spending time w/ him and eating all his food at his house. ;-)
  • Ava will be going to spend a week w/ Grandmommy too. Mama wants to get Cailey (my niece who is one year older than Ava) to come too!
  • I'm sure we'll ask Nannie which week she wants w/ Ava as well.
  • We are going on a vacation to Hilton Head w/ the Schneiders. SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
  • Last but not least----I'm going on 3 vacations this year w/ my friends and family. This weekend us girls (the ones mentioned above) are heading to my Dad's condo at Hilton Head. I CAN NOT WAIT.
  • Mom, Allison, and I are going to the condo as well in July for a weekend of fun.
  • I also need to plan something for Shana, Nacole, and me to do this summer sometime in August.......

I am so blessed. Truly BLESSED! I appreciate my husband letting me (letting me?????) go off on Mom's night out, vacations, shopping adventures w/ my friends....... It is what keeps me sane and I think he knows that. :):):)

Thank you Damon for all you do. You are an amazing father and husband. You are wonderful, even if you get on my nerves occaisionally.

1 comments:

Damon Admirer said...

Wow you have a great husband!! I wish mine was as handsome and wonderful as yours.... oh well.

You better keep your eye on him or I will scoop him up and take him away!!!