Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ava funnies.....

Ava is seriously hillarious. She makes us laugh (and cry!) all the time!
These are her most recent sayings.....

  • Dawson was really cranky one day and she said, "He is so contrary today!"
  • I asked Dawson one day if he had pooped and Ava said very seriously---"I think he just passed wind."
  • One night at dinner, we were all sitting down to eat and Ava said, "I'm going to sit by my boyfriend. My boyfriend is my daddy."
  • TOO MUCH INFORMATION ALERT.....Ava was drinking her drink at dinner and said, "Why does my drink have all my food in it?"
  • We had a family get together this past weekend and I had bought fried bone in chicken....we had some leftovers so I decided to feed this to my family one night. Anyone who knows me knows that I can't eat bone in anything. YUCK...I tried....I was succeeding until Ava spoke these words....."Why does my chicken have so many nasty bones in it?" Needless to say, I lost it and my chicken went in the trash! YUCK!!!!
********************************************************************************


On a side note, we have been having such good days recently. I noticed last week that I had to do something w/ my child (behavior wise) b/c I wasn't particularly liking the way I was handling things. My friend Staci had started a really cool technique that I thought would really work well w/ Ava, so I stole the idea!!!

Ava has to work hard for coins. She gets two coins a day. One for behavior at school and another for after school until bedtime behavior. Once she has earned 15 "gold" coins, she gets to choose a special activity. I told her she could have a mommy/daughter date to any where she wanted to go, a daddy/daughter date to anywhere, the Hello Kitty Store, ice cream, etc......she thought about it for a minute and said, "I really want a family date!"

How sweet is that? We do family dates every single weekend, but she didn't want to split us up. We'll see when she reaches the 15 limit.....she may have changed her mind then!!!

I'm so proud of myself b/c I'm doing much better w/ my stress levels. Ava is so excited to put the coin the the jar each day.

I'll be gone this whole weekend to SC by myself (I'm dancing here, can you see it?) so I wonder how many coins she'll receive from Damon? Lord help her....wait, help him. ;)

0 comments: