Friday, July 25, 2008

Imagine this....

2 weeks ago I was sitting in my computer room typing away and all of the sudden I hear cricket sounds LOUDLY coming from my living room. I walked out to the living room, sat there and listened. It started again and even though I was scared, I ran past the noise up to Ava's bonus room to get Damon (he was reading a story to Ava). Both of them came downstairs while we all stood there in silence waiting patiently for that loud sound.

It never happened, so Ava and Damon went upstairs again and I went to the computer room. Within the next 10 minutes there the sound was again. I ran up to Damon and he thought I was crazy this time. Soooo......we left Ava upstairs and we both sat on the couch in the dark waiting for the noise again. (I kept saying...."Damon there is an animal or an insect in this house. YOU HAVE TO GET IT! We are not going to bed w/out you killing it. I'm sorry....we will sit here all night until it makes that sound again.")

Low and behold it made a sound...we both jumped....turned the light on, but nothing. We couldn't see anything. Damon walks over to the area of the noise and I scream....he jumps....and I begin laughing....almost peeing in my pants. I'm screaming, "There it is...There it is....There it is.....KILL IT, KILL IT, KILL IT!!!" He begins screaming, "Where is the fly swatter....Give me something to kill it....Where is the fly swatter....Hurry...Hurry...Hurry...."
He finds it and begins swatting at it. He's jumping around, I'm bent over literally peeing in my pants, the cricket is making noises, and we are trying to kill it w/out waking the kids up.

You know me--I had to go get my camera to document the scene.

BTW-our fly swatter is warped a little, so Damon was complaining saying he couldn't kill it ..... all he was doing was giving the cricket a back rub/scratch. LOL







3 comments:

leah said...

nothing like those "day in the life" moments to make you thankful for the peace that we usually find in our houses! LOL!

i can totally hear you saying "KILL IT DIAMOND!" LOL!

Anonymous said...

OMG you're too funny. I'll never forget getting them in my air conditioning vent in my first apartment. I was "chatting" online one night and while I typed one fell from the air vent over my computer and landed on the kayboard in front of me. I think I came very close to dying that night!

Emily Lauren said...

Leah--you are too funny.
Diamond!!
Michele-
OMG! I would have died too.
Bless your heart.
Em