It's been almost 2 years that my Nana went to Heaven. There has not been a single day that I've lived since then that I have not thought about her in some way or another. These precious memories keep coming to mind as I think of her.
*************************************************************************************
3 months after Nana passed away I was sitting in my classroom at school, sad b/c it was Ava's b-day and I missed her so much. I had just got to school and I was thinking of her and praying to God saying that I can't live w/out her. I missed her smile, her voice, the way she said, "Hey Honey" when I called her, her words of wisdom, her prayers, etc. I started to cry b/c it was Ava's 3rd b-day and I wouldn't here Nana's voice that year call to tell her Happy Birthday. I started thinking that 3 years ago on that particular day, Nana and Papa were at the hospital while I delivered Ava Faith. She (Ava) came out not breathing and eventually had to be taken to the nursery where they ran all sorts of tests on her. (Later I found out that it was a real scary situation w/ Ava.....Damon still will not talk about her birth w/ me at all.)
Anyway-I remember Nana crying and praying so hard for Ava. God listened and all was well.
This particular day at school was hard b/c I was also early pregnant w/ Dawson and I began crying b/c Nana wouldn't be at the hospital w/ me on Dawson's delivery day. I missed her ( and still do ) terribly and I was begging God for some peace about the situation w/ Nana. Before I knew it, the bell rang and I went outside to let my kids in. I heard people talking loudly outside and I went out to see what was going on. When I got there, everyone was looking up at the sky w/ amazement.
It was a beautiful day that September day....no rain, clear skies, no clouds......
I looked up in the sky and there was the most BEAUTIFUL rainbow I had ever seen in my life. As soon as I saw it, I knew that God and Nana were telling me it would be OK. I felt Nana's presence so strong that day that I began to bawl, uncontrollably crying. My kids came in to our class to their teacher sitting at her desk crying. I knew in that instance that God was listening and Nana was my angel. She was telling me that everything would be OK and that she was there w/ me. She loved me and she would always be w/ me no matter what.
Later I emailed and called my mother who reminded me how much Nana loved rainbows and that rainbows are God's promise to us that He will sustain and keep us. I will NEVER forget that day as long as I am alive. I know in my heart that it was Nana's way of telling me that she was w/ me and would ALWAYS be w/ me.
Later I found a return address stamp in my purse from Nana and Papa and guess what was on it? That's right, a rainbow. :):):):):)
************************************************************************************
After Dawson was born, I was so sad b/c I wanted Nana to see him so much. She loved Ava w/ everything she had and she was always so proud of her. The last time Ava saw Nana, she was commenting on how smart she was. Her last words to Ava @ 2.5 yrs old was, "Next time I see you, you'll be telling me your address and phone number." Nana thought Ava was just too smart. :)
Anyway--I was so upset after Dawson was born b/c I so wanted Nana to meet him. I thought about this situation over and over. One night while I was sleeping, I had a very vivid dream of Nana knocking on my bedroom door. I opened it and was very surprised to see her. I asked her what she was doing there (she looked beautiful and so young to me in my dream) and she said she had come to see Dawson. I showed her him on the floor playing and she stood there and stared at him smiling saying, "He is so cute."
I woke up later and was so happy b/c to me, I knew that Nana had really seen Dawson. :) She has never physically held him, but I know she watches over us and *sees* him daily.
Ava & Dawson both have a wonderful guardian angel watching over them and protecting them.
Thank you Jesus for my Nana.
***********************************************************************************
Recently, I was cleaning out a box of stuff my mom had given me of my childhood years and guess what I found? I found 2 cassette tapes of Nana reading children's stories to my sister and me. What a wonderful moment it was to play those tapes and to hear her sweet voice. I will forever keep these tapes close to my heart. Periodically I take them out and listen to her voice. It is so comforting to me.
************************************************************************************
Download La pasticceria Dukan. 100 dolci e dessert in linea con la dieta
Dukan [Kindle]
-
ultimi libri mondadori La pasticceria Dukan. 100 dolci e dessert in linea
con la dieta Dukan, libri usati milano
libri online gratis La pasticceria Dukan. 1...
6 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment